Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mascara Review 12: Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara Black

At last monday is over so i'm on tuesday, still need some determination to get thru though. I had a not so special weekend spending time with my kids staying out... and also took some time to reorganising my stuffs (makeup).

Then i realised i have this still brand new, its Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara which was released in Dec'09. I was supposed to test this as new product when i purchased it but its like almost 4 months after its release.

Guess its always better late than never so heres the review!

Here's what Bobbi Brown says:

New
Extreme Party Mascara, .21 oz./ 4.2 ml $22.00
Our boldest mascara ever. Unbelievable volume. Endless build. Exceptional separation. Pliable formula stays flexible even after it dries, so each coat goes on as fresh as the first - immediately or hours later - with zero dragging, clumping or flaking. Tapered brush grabs even the smallest, hard-to-reach lashes. Now that's beautiful.

MY REVIEW:


I personally like the metallic finish of the mascara as it makes this mascara stand out of my collection at a glance.. Especially when the name is call extreme party so its pretty to be slip into my makeup pouch for partying as it fits the theme really well.

The shape of the bristle is just nice in reaching out to lash near eye corners.

List of ingredients if you are interested.

I'm not sure if you gals know that the 6M stated above tells you the recommended number of months within which the product should be used after you have first opened and used it, provided the product has been stored under normal conditions and not exposed to extreme temperatures. For example (24M) means that you should replace this product within (24 months) after first opening. The "Period After Opening" number will vary based upon the type of cosmetic product. (info extracted from bobbibrown.com)


My naked lashes with only eyeliner.


Naked lash picture 2

My lashes with 2 coats of Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara on. Its does bring on some volume to my lashes which i'm pleased with.

Another shot using flash lights in case you feel the pic above is too dark.
When it comes to lengthening, i would say its okay but need time to build up the length.


Side view


It certainly volumises my lash and NO CLUMPS..
Overall:
This mascara is not yet into my FAV list even though it volumises & lengthen pretty well.LOVE the after effect, my lashes still feel so soft like before application. It has more gripe in holding up the curl compare to fiberwig, thats my personal opinion. It also needs time like Fiberwig to build up on the length. I'm not able to devote that much time in just putting on mascara but if i have the time. YES it would hit into my FAV list. This mascara is easily remove by just using Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, you do not have to fear that the fibres getting into your eyes which Fiberwig does to me. The price is still acceptable for the kind of performance it does, what do you think?

So this is my EOTD using stuffs below: (ya, i know i use too much products just for one look LOl)

Any new mascaras or eye product you got recently and love/hate them?

9 comments:

  1. Hm interesting! I really like how it volumizes, but it looks like it wouldn't lengthen enough for me... Plus, I am practically married to my Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl. I have my 4th tube coming in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the packaging too, very pretty!

    I really like bobbi brown mascaras because it doesn't flake and fall into my eyes! They claim it is really safe for contact users and people with sensitive eyes. I agree it takes a lot of work to build up and doesn't have as much "wow" effect like some mascaras but I would say it is a good mascara but maybe not the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i like it! your lashes look natural but fuller and longer! i think im trying this out, thank you for the review! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Siz,

    I'll keep an eye out for that mascara just to have a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbi Brown is a very good brand, a bit pricy tho. I own only their concealer and I love it :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lashes look so volumized with this mascara! but it's too pricy for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lashes look good in the pictures, I take FOREVER to put on my mascara I actually sit down and really work up the layers. The packaging of that Bobbi Brown mascara is pretty. Haha I use a lot of products for one look too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such pretty, full lashes Karen. =D

    ReplyDelete

thank u so much for ur sweet comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails